group discussion

In our group discussion last Monday night we read a scenario from our text book and talked about our thoughts on the questions asked about the scenario. My take away from that learning is that had I just read the scenario myself and simply answered the questions, it would have been a more, almost bias answer as to the ethical behaviour of the two educators in the scenario. By having the group discussion, thoughts came up that I hadn’t even thought about and would have gone unnoticed so clearly there is so much learning that can happen in a collaborative discussion.  As someone who works alone, it reinforced how important this is going forward I would and should reach out more often to other educators for thoughts and opinions. I feel like all the people in my cohort could be a future contact for me and I’m super happy to have all these awesome, different perspectives to be able to draw on to better my own practice.

1. donnashouse
    July 19, 2020

It is nice to have the different perspectives – we all have unique experiences that make the discussion interesting!