Program Models and Approaches: Group Discussion

After reading, commenting and discussing our programs we all individually researched, I think my take away is that no matter how different a philosophy or program is, they all mostly adhere to the provincial guidelines set in place that is best practice for health and safety for the particular environment or setting. I feel lucky to live in a country that celebrates diversity and there are many types of programs to support families and their children as they see fit. I love that the Strong Start program is a place where it is not a time or financial commitment and is a thriving environment for children and families that chose to utilize it. The Roots of Empathy program is right up my Alley and if it were to offer me full-time work I would be facilitating it absolutely. I will consider it in the future perhaps in a less busy time in my life where I may want a slower work week and could take that on as a side gig. I find it is relevant to all children and will be a benefit to the people involved, the facilitator, the volunteer family and the class full of kids who get to see and experience the strong attachment of baby and caregiver. Seems like something so simple but could make such a difference in quality of life.